Friday, March 2, 2012

Hallelujah



The following eight parts make up the story "Hallelujah." After listening to the song "Samson" by Regina Spektor and every rendition of the song "Hallelujah" for years, I had formed my own picture of what happened between Samson and Delilah, and decided to write it down. I realize it doesn't follow the Biblical account, but it's based on a true story, so this seems to be a welcome place for it. It's set in modern day, or something like it, and I did my best to paint them in a modern light and make who they were back in the day, what they would be considered now. It's not done, and it may change, but this is what it is after five months. Quotes are from "Samson" by Regina Spektor, "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, and the book of Judges from the Hebrew Bible, the New American Standard Bible translation.

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment